CBD gummies are a great way to take CBD for people who do not want to vape or smoke CBD flower. These cannabidiol-infused treats such as CBD gummy bears or sour worms are convenient, discreet, and effective.
Here at Route 27 Hemp Yard, we are proficient farmers who create the highest quality CBD flower for consumption on Long Island. While we sell flowers such as Elektra CBD and CBD topical creams, we leave it to you to create your own gummies. So, how are CBD gummies made from flower?
How to Make Your own CBD Gummies
Baking is always a fun and rewarding project. And, this is even more true when making CBD gummies. While they are not as fast-acting as vaping CBD, gummies are just as effective and even more enjoyable.
Start by Decarboxylating the Flowers
Decarboxylation or “decarbing” is the process of activating the CBD. When making any type of CBD edibles from flower instead of CBD oil, this process is a must. Smoking or vaping CBD automatically decarbs the CBD flower from the heat. This is why simply eating CBD hemp flower will not work.
Decarbing can be done in an oven on parchment, in a mason jar, and even sous vide. You can then infuse the decarbed hemp into oil, which can be used for making CBD gummies.
Use Full-Spectrum CBD Oil for Gummies
There are plenty of recipes out there. And, most of them are super simple. CBD gummy recipes usually only have 3-4 ingredients, and only a few step process.
What You Need:
- Whisk and bowl
- Silicone Molds
- Funnel or squeeze bottle (optional, but helpful!)
- Full Spectrum CBD Flower Oil
- 1 TBS Preferred Sweetener
- 1 Package of Gelatin – any flavor
- 1.5 Cups of Fruit Juice
- Put the juice and sweetener into a saucepan over medium to low heat; Use your whisk to blend
- Once heated (not boiling), slowly whisk in the gelatin and avoid clumping; Continue until its dissolved and the mixture is smooth
- Add your full-spectrum CBD oil* and whisk to mix
*Note: It is very important that your mixture is not boiling when adding CBD! Too high heat can damage the medicinal properties, as well as change the flavor.
- Using a spoon, funnel, or squeeze bottle, fill each mold with your mixture
- Refrigerate until set and enjoy!